Friday, January 07, 2005

10 Years?!?

I got a bit of a wake-up call the other day. While sitting at work editing a story, my cell phone rings. I have no clue who it is by looking at caller ID, but figure what the heck - it's a 706 area code, so it's gotta be someone near Rome. Conversation as follows:

me: "hello?"
caller: "Stacey? This is Jaime Fox, I went to high school with you?"
me: "Yes?"
me again: "Wait ... WHO?"
caller (a.k.a. Jaime): "Jaime Fox - we went to Model together."
me: "Ohhhh. Yes. Yes. OK?"
Jaime: "I'm planning our TEN YEAR CLASS REUNION!!!!!! and needed to get your address and email information."
me, thinking to myself: Did she just say it's been 10 freakin' years since we graduated?!? TEN YEARS??? AN ENTIRE DECADE??? Holy crap-ola.
me: gulp ... "Oh, OK. Here's my info ... etc..."

So, basically: I now must earn my master's degree, get married, have a child (or two) and buy my own home in the next six months before our class reunion. Wish me luck.