Sunday, January 16, 2005

Chillin'


chillin'
Originally uploaded by swysong77.
Let me just say that I had a completely lazy day after I got off work this afternoon. It was sheer heaven, I say!

I worked until past midnight Friday night and had to be at work Saturday morning at 9. Needless to say, I was rather sleepy and a tad cranky, but I prevailed. I got off work and swung by Jim's house to see Alice (a particularly cute, white and somewhat bald puppy whom I adore).

Upon my arrival to my apartment around 2:30 p.m., my day of utter laziness began. I immediatly switched into comfy clothing, which progressed later into my PJs and slippers before the sun even set. Yes, I have no shame.

I fixed a particularly unhealthy lunch/dinner of leftover supreme pizza and broccoli with ranch - odd combo, but a good one, at that. While I ate, I researched condos in Key West - none of which I can afford. Bummer.

After dinner I watched television. Lots of television. I caught the last 45 minutes of the Tsunami aid benefit, which I wish I'd known about before randomly finding it on 3 or 4 different channels. Good stuff. Wish I had lots of money to donate to those poor people. The best I can do is join the rest of the world in praying for their recovery. Still, it doesn't seem like enough considering I'm sitting comfortably in my living room watching the devastation on my nice, big color television with plenty of food in the fridge and my family and friends a mere phone call away. It just goes to show that it can all be taken from us in the blink of an eye.

At any rate, after watching the benefit I shifted to a much, much lighter program. The new season of VH1's "A Surreal Life" is absolutely twisted. Jeez. It was frightenly entertaining. I scare myself sometimes.

Anyhow, now I think I'm going to crawl into bed and read for a bit. Have to work tomorrow.

Woo Hoo.