Sunday, January 09, 2005

Keane rocks

I've found a band that I love. Considering that popular music these days turns my stomach, it's not often I can say I've found a sound that makes me happy. Case in point: Lindsey Lohan and Hillary Duff. Can we make them go back to their teeniebopper movies and leave music well enough alone? And don't even get me started on Miss Ashlee Simpson. That girl is an absolute mess that is beyond straightening. However, I must say I have a respect for Jessica Simpson. I know ... I know. BUT, the girl's got a killer voice, and she's a genius. Yes, I think she's smart. There's NO WAY someone can be as ditzy as she comes off ... she's acting, and it works for her. So, I give her props. I do.

But, I digress ... As I was saying, I've found a new favorite band. Keane (www.keanemusic.com) creates the kind of music that gets in your head and stays there ... only it doesn't drive you insane. They're reminiscent of other British bands - such as Coldplay, but have a grander sound, in my opinon. And, any band who can pull off such a full-bodied, smooth sound with only drums and a piano is quite impressive. So, I implore you to run, not walk, to Best Buy and lay down the $11.99 for this album (a great deal). You'll thank me later. I swear.