Sunday, January 23, 2005

Shoppin' sistas

What a happy Saturday I had! My friend Allison and I spent the better part of the day shopping in Dawsonville, Ga., at the gigantic outlet mall there.

But, before we went shopping, we went to her daughter Leanza's basketball game. I don't know how many of you have witnessed an 8-year-old girls' basketball game before, but there are only two words to describe it: Organized chaos! It was great! At the end of the nail-biter, the score was 12-11, and Leanza's team was victorious. This means they take the No. 1 spot in their division, from what I understand. So, Arnold Mill Elementary School should be proud of its 8-year-old girls! :)

Onward to the shopping extravaganza ... After debating the pros and cons of staying in Kennesaw to shop as opposed to trekking to Dawsonville, we opted for the 1-hour journey to the outlet mall. (Who can truly pass up Crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn at discounted prices?!?) Man, was it C-O-L-D!

We went to all the obvious stores (Williams Sonoma, C&B, PB, Gap, Harry and David, etc...), and then I discovered a magnificient little shop called The Cosmetics Company. I thought I had gotten a good deal on Clinique mascara while on a cruise ship last year, but I was wrong. This store had the stuff for only $8.50 per tube. I'd paid $11.50 on the ship. Retail, it's something like $14.50, I believe. So, now I know where I'll be going to buy anything Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, etc. They really had amazing prices on everything.

So, after spending about four and a half hours doing nothing but shopping our butts off, we decided it was time to head back and find someplace to eat dinner. After a delicious steak dinner, I headed back to Chattanooga very tired, but ready to plan our next shopping trip!