Sunday, February 13, 2005

100 things

I've seen several bloggers who've done this, and I'm up for the challenge of actually thinking of 100 things that describe me.

Here goes nothing ...

1. I was born in Omaha, Nebraska.
2. I've lived several different places including Mississippi; Okinawa, Japan; Indiana; Georgia and Tennessee.
3. Of all those places, I consider Georgia to be home.
4. I graduated from high school in 1995.
5. I graduated with a B.S. in Journalism from Georgia Southern University in 2000.
6. I've known I wanted to be a journalist since the seventh grade - when I took journalism as an elective.
7. I love cats, particulary a black and white self-proclaimed princess named Anna.
8. My favorite color is blue - any shade works for me.
9. I don't eat seafood - it smells bad. ick.
10. I do eat chocolate - love the stuff, which is a bad thing.
11. My favorite drink (besides Diet Coke) is a margarita - especially strawberry ones from Buffalo Wild Wings.
12. I love to travel (big shocker).
13. I really love the Caribbean - the blue ocean makes me so happy. And the people are great.
14. I hope to go back to Japan someday. "Lost in Translation" made this desire even greater.
15. My favorite pasttime is shopping.
16. I also enjoy hiking a lot, though I don't get off my lazy butt and do it often enough.
17. People who smack their mouths when they eat make me insane.
18. Another pet peeve: tardiness.
19. If I could change anything about myself, I'd get rid of the deep creases under my eyes.
20. I had braces, but my teeth are still crooked. I don't mind.
21. I like all kinds of music.
22. My favorite band at the moment is Keane.
23. My least favortie performer at the moment is Ashlee Simpson. She makes me ill.
24. My lucky number is 11.
25. Twizzlers are my favorite candy. But only the strawberry ones. Cherry is disgusting.
26. I love home-decorating shows on TV, but I can never decorate my house right.
27. I really, really need to buy curtains.
28. I love my walk-in closet.
29. In the summer, I love laying by the pool and reading a book.
30. I have quiet neighbors, thank goodness. The last ones were a terror.
31. My apartment overlooks a parking lot, but if you squint your eyes, you can see the pond and even a few ducks.
32. I have off-white walls that I really want to paint, but I can't decide what color to go for.
33. Decision-making isn't one of my strongpoints.
34. My parents are divorced.
35. My mom lives in Lynchburg, VA.
36. My dad lives in Rome, GA.
37. I don't see either of them often enough.
38. I'm an only child.
39. I really wish I had a brother or a sister. Or both.
40. The closest person to a sister is my best friend, Allison, who lives in Atlanta. She's an only child, too.
41. I have long blondish-brownish hair that I'm considering cutting off.
42. I've had the same hairstyle forever. Actually, it's not really in a "style." It's just there.
43. My favorite flowers are daisies.
44. Every computer I've ever owned has been a Macintosh.
45. I drive a Volkswagen Jetta that is slowly falling to pieces.
46. I'm ready to trade it in, unfortunately payments are still required.
47. The next vehicle I get will be a Honda. I've never had problems with Hondas.
48. I subscribe to Lucky Magazine - all about shopping.
49. My favorite movie is "Almost Famous" Close behind that one is "High Fidelity."
50. I love, love, love Saturday Night Live.
51. I'm also addicted to "Newlyweds" and "Real World" - and I'm in my late-20s. Very sad.
52. Speaking of age, my birthday is next month - March 10.
53. I need a digital camera - hint, hint, hint. ;)
54. I love Chattanooga.
55. My favorite season is spring.
56. I don't wear a lot of jewelry.
57. I have short legs, and I have trouble finding jeans that aren't way too long. (annoying)
58. I don't paint my fingernails.
59. I do paint my toenails, but only in the months that I wear sandals.
60. One day I'd like to have at least two children.
61. I've considered going back to school to get my master's in education or counseling.
62. I can't decide if that's a good move or not - again, decision making isn't something I'm good at.
63. I love Chick-fil-A.
64. I worked at Chick-fil-A for 5 years in high school and college, and I can still eat there.
65. I don't like watching sports on TV, but I love going to live sporting events.
66. I love the smell of clean linens.
67. I have never been to New York City.
68. I have always dreamed of NYC - I even had a poster of the skyline on my wall as a teenager.
69. My favorite stores are Marshalls and TJ Maxx.
70. I am right-handed.
71. I'm only 5' 4".
72. My mother and father are both taller than me. Somehow, I came out short.
73. I love apples. Especially Granny Smith apples.
74. In college, I was managing editor of our student newspaper, The Georgeanne.
75. PDA makes me gag.
76. I do not drink Jagermeister. Won't do it ever again...
77. I wish I could find a way to like martinis. No luck thus far.
78. I've always wanted to learn how to play drums.
79. In high school and college I took Spanish as my language.
80. I really wish I'd paid more attention.
81. I don't like wearing high heels, but I finally bought a pair.
82. My 10-year high school reunion is coming up.
83. I don't want to go, but Allison is making me.
84. My favorite artist is Andrew Wyeth.
85. I love the sound of rain - it's so relaxing.
86. I require lots of sleep.
87. I generally stay up too late.
88. I really like people-watching.
89. I am a Christian.
90. I don't go to church, but I wish I did.
91. I love soft things - especially my bathrobe my dad and stepmom got me this past Christmas from the Gap. It's the softest thing ever.
92. I also love PJs. I'd wear them all the time if I could.
93. I really wish my apartment had washer/dryer connections.
94. I hate going to the laundr-o-mat.
95. I am a cleaning freak.
96. On my desk at work is a bonzai tree and a box of Kleenex.
97. I use the Kleenex regulary because my allergies are in full effect. *Sneeze!*
98. I hate zoos and the circus. They really make me sad for the animals.
99. I'm ready for a vacation.
100. I'm really happy that I'm finished!