Friday, February 25, 2005

Baby, baby!

What is it about babies that turns us grown adults into silly, face-making goofballs?

I'll tell you what it is - babies melt our hearts and make us understand that things really can be simply wonderful. I have to admit, I woke up in a rather grouchy mood this morning. Sleep hasn't been my friend lately, and I'm the type of person who needs lots of it.

But my mood completely turned around when I picked up my friend Angie to take her baby to the doctor. Her son, Jacob, is four months old and absolutely has my heart. He's such a happy baby - smiles constantly and has the sweetest little giggle. The poor thing wasn't feeling so good today, but he was still amazing.

I took some photos with my 35mm (yes, the digital is still dead ...). I'll post them as soon as I get them developed so you all can see what a fine young man Jacob is. In the mean time, here's a picture from a couple months ago. Sorry it's so dark. I didn't feel like fixing it in PhotoShop because I'm lazy today! Isn't he a cutie?!?

Jacob

Be happy! It's Friday!!!