Thursday, February 10, 2005

Fifty-two dollars for cable?!?

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!

I've just opened my cable bill for this month, and I swear to God, Comcast is ticking me off. We get one or two new channels and the rates go up again. I'm just going to have to purge my system of the glories of expanded basic cable and go back to 13 channels of nothing.

I can do it. I can.

I went an entire year with no cable at all. None. Just bunny ears that would pick up two channels well, and a few channels really badly, but you could listen and know what was going on. Besides, who really needs Style, MTV, VH1, Bravo, HGTV, Discovery, Travel, etc.

Who am I kidding? This is gonna suck. But I am so irritated at these prices.

Should I consider Dish Network? Any horror stories out there? Any happy stories? I'd love to know what I could be missing - good or bad.