Thursday, February 10, 2005

Sleep, glorious sleep!

Martha Stewart would say that sleep is a good thing, and I would have to agree. After several nights of waking up feeling rather lousy and not being able to get back to sleep, I finally got some much-needed rest yesterday and last night.

Thank God Jim's good friend from high school is a doctor who happens to practice in Chattanooga. I knew it would be virtually impossible to get an appointment with another doctor on such late notice, so Jim gave Blake a call and within two hours I was at the doctors office. A big thank you goes out to Blake, who basically saved my life. Well, not really, but close.

I now have everything I need to get well, and my life is looking a lot better. I slept like a baby last night - I only woke up once with icky breathing issues, but I quickly remedied the situation and back to sleep I went. Wonderful!

Now I think I'll make lunch. Hopefully, I'll actually be able to taste food today.