Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Great Scott!

I'm off my game. Completely.

One of my bestest friends in the whole wide world came into town today, and I had totally forgotten about it until last night when Jim says to me, "Hey - isn't Scott coming to Chattanooga tomorrow?"

My reaction? "Ohhh ... my ... Gooooosh!!"

Thank goodness Jim reminded me - considering Scott called at 10:15 this morning to tell me he was about 30 minutes from my doorstep. He arrived exactly 30 minutes later greeted by a towel-headed Stacey scrambling around my apartment like a mad woman trying to pick up three days worth of clutter.

Anyhow, after I got a grip, we went to lunch at Panera and he headed off to the basketball tournament that he's covering for the Statesboro Herald. My alma mater, Georgia Southern University, plays at 2:30 this afternoon. Go Eagles!!!

Hopefully the Eagles will advance to the finals and make it to the championship game on Saturday. But if not, it's great to see Scott - even it's only for a couple hours here and there. I miss my Statesboro crew!!!

*UPDATE*
Georgia Southern beat Western Carolina 69-57. Woo Hoo!!!
The next game is tomorrow around 2 or 2:30 p.m. Cross your fingers!