Friday, March 25, 2005

Shorts, capris, swimsuits - OH NO!

Winter is gone, and it left me a nice little present ... a bigger butt and flabby arms. I'm less than thrilled.

They say it's only natural to put on a few pounds during the winter - like we're supposed to stock up on fat for our hibernation, or something. I don't buy it.

I know what really happened: Winter fashion. If you think about it, you've got darker colors, blue jeans and sweaters. Sweaters are my biggest enemy, but I love them so! They're sooo comfortable that even though you're packing on the pounds, there's no skin showing and no clingy material to remind you to put that potato chip down for the love of God!

Now it's spring, and today's beautiful forecast is a brilliant reminder that the sweaters are no longer a viable option for hiding your "wobbly bits.' (Yes, I stole that term from Bridget Jones.) It's me against shorts, cute little tank tops and swimsuits for the next six months or so. The battle will be full-on, and I'm not at all prepared.

Today is grocery day. God knows I'll stand in the center of the produce department with such good intentions. I'll buy fresh broccoli, squash, lettuce, tomatoes, grapes, apples, and more. I'll have so much nutritious food at my house that the vending machine at work will turn into my biggest enemy. Let's pray that I have the will power to not buy that wonderful bag of chips or that Reese's peanut butter cup.