Friday, April 15, 2005

Take a hike


I'm so ready to get outside and enjoy this weather that it's killing me! Instead, today was spent running errands and buying groceries. But, I did manage to get lots done. Next up: Go to work. Yippee.

Last fall, Jim and I drove up to Cloudland Canyon for a day hike. It was absolutely beautiful - this is a picture of one of the waterfalls there ... it was great getting down to it, but climbing back up was another story!

On the way back home, we stopped to watch the hang gliders launch from the top of Lookout Mountain. Even though I'm not one who gets her kicks from taking a leap off a cliff, I was in awe of how beautiful it must be to soar above the trees looking out over the countryside. I actually considered signing up for the training, but my fear of heights got the best of me.

Hopefully sometime soon I can hit the trails again. I'm definitely ready!