Sunday, May 15, 2005

Closet Cleanout Day 2005

I think I should have some T-shirts made - that's just how BIG tomorrow is going to be.

You see, I've got a walk-in closet that's not so accomodating to someone who, say, actually wants to walk into it. Beyond the rows of hanging clothing, shelves where towers of sweaters are delicately balanced, trousers hung below baskets of laundry and purses piled atop blue jeans I haven't fit my butt into in years, there's a whole lotta crap crammed into my own, personal walk-in nightmare.

Shoes and more shoes are strewn all over the place, boxes I still haven't opened from my move 2 years ago rest on the floor with my vacuum cleaner, an old comforter, two suitcases, a pet taxi, some artwork that I'm no longer a fan of (never was, really) and my boxed-up Christmas tree.

I can't take it any longer. I vow to remove a good chunk of the clothes that haven't been worn in over a year. I'll get rid of the shoes I bought but decided against wearing for whatever reason, and I will not let sentiment get the better of me for once in my life.

So it's on. Closet Cleanout Day is in effect in T-minus 12 hours.

I hope to make it out alive ...