Thursday, May 12, 2005

Gimme the dough

What's better than a free month's rent?!? Hmmm ... Let me think ...

At this point in time, the answer is N-O-T-H-I-N-G! (Well, besides maybe a big lottery win, but I'd have to actually play the lottery for that to happen ...)

I signed on for another 12-month lease today, and my landlord offered me June's rent at no cost. I nearly fell out of my seat.

This couldn't have come at a better time considering:

* Jim's birthday is in June, and the boy likes expensive toys ... i.e. camera equipment, video games, etc.
* Allison's wedding is in July, and I still have lots to buy for the big day, a shower and a bachelorette party to plan.
* My dad's birthday is in July, and although he's happy with a golf shirt and a package of athletic socks, I'd like to do more. This could be the year!
* I really, really, really need summer clothes (and new work clothes). I'm so tired of the same old boring outfits.

Hopefully I'll be able to put a dent in this list!