Monday, May 02, 2005

I blame the meds


Last night when I went to bed I was so excited about heading out today to enjoy a gorgeous day downtown.

Instead, I woke up at 9 a.m. this morning feeling really gross. Sinus pressure in my head was killing me, and I couldn't breathe right thanks to the congestion that had settled in over night. So, my sleepy self wandered into the kitchen pantry and popped a Benadryl for relief.

I sat of the sofa and proceeded to get my morning fix of CNN. About 20 minutes later, I felt absolutely lethargic. The Benadryl had kicked in and I decided it would be a good idea to make my way back to bed.

MISTAKE.

About two hours later I got a phone call and I couldn't string a sentence together for the life of me. I felt like I was in slow motion, and my body had to weigh at least a ton - maybe two. I hung up the phone with every intention of getting out of bed, taking a shower and then getting outside.

Too bad I weighed a ton. I couldn't move. So I stayed in bed. Until 1 p.m. - when the phone rang again. This time, however, I did manage to pry my butt from my bed. Yes, I feel like a lazy fool.

So, now it's nearly 3 p.m., and all I've managed to do today is:

a. Drug myself
b. Shower
c. Eat a Girl Scout cookie

Pitiful, isn't it?!?

My house is messy and I think I may rearrange my bedroom. I'll hit downtown later this week. I suddenly feel like being productive today. Imagine that.