Friday, May 20, 2005

It's raining, it's pouring ...

I love the sound of rain hitting the ground. But for some reason it makes me so VERY sleepy - that good sleepy where you just want to curl up in bed with lots of blankets and just drift off.

There's a problem, though ... Typically, that's exactly what I do when it's raining - even when it's obviously not the time to be curled up in bed enjoying nature's way of saying, "You're getting veeeery, veerrrrrry sleeeeepy."

And that's what happened today. Well, I'll preface this by saying I woke up very sick early this morning and stayed up for several hours waiting to: A) Pass out or B) Die. Luckily neither happened, but I went back to bed just as the thunderstorm began. Oh, and thunder makes me even more sleepy, so there was no hope for me.

At any rate, I have finally pried myself out of bed and here it is 12:50 p.m. - But you see, it's still raining, and I'm doing all I can to resist the urge to wrap up in my blankets and drift back to sleepland.

Maybe I'll go shopping instead ... I do have a relatively empty closet to fill!