Sunday, May 22, 2005

Trip attack!

Yep, I'm having a restless couple of days. This happens every so often, and the only way to combat my edginess is to get out of town - if only for one day.

So, I called Jim yesterday in the midst of my "I've got to get out of this place" attack. He agreed that a night away would be a welcomed break from our everyday life, and a date has been set. Only one thing left ... where to go?!?

At first all I wanted was a good day/night of pampering. So immediatly I thought of the Westin Peachtree Plaza in Atlanta. At about $200 a night, you get a spectacular room, a gorgeous view of downtown Atlanta and access to some fabulous amenities.

Problem: I simply don't want to let go of that much money for one night - considering I'd want the spa treatments, which aren't included in the price, of course. Then there's drinks and dinner, which will likely add up fast since we're going all-out here.

So, since I am a measly copy editor who really should keep her feet on the ground and her money in her pocket, I'm taking Jim's first suggestion. I think we should go to the mountains, rent a cabin and enjoy a little nature.

Bradley over at Below the Salt Line just returned from what sounds like a killer camping trip in North Carolina. While I don't think Jim and I will be making that long of a trip, Bradley's trek has made me want to get myself back outdoors.

So, we'll see where we end up. No doubt it'll be an adventure, and I can't wait!

Oh, this picture of Jim was taken last fall at Cloudland Canyon State Park in Georgia. If you get the chance, get over there. It's beautiful.