Sunday, June 12, 2005

A few random items

* I've just knocked a 26-hour headache, and man do I feel like a new person! It hit yesterday right after I got off work - and last night was brutal. Nothing helped - I took Advil and drank tons of water all night long with no results. Turns out, all it took was a sour cream and chives baked potato from Wendy's ... who knew?!?

* One true bummer: After being so excited about my car's air conditioning working, it's gone out on me again. So now I'm sweating all the way to work. What gives?

* The Riverbend Festival is going on this week in Chattanooga. It's a weeklong music fest featuring a lot of bands I've never heard of and some I could live without, like Kid Rock, who played Friday night. Boyz II Men performed last night in the midst of my mega headache, so I opted out of braving the rain and crowds and missed the show. Wednesday, Cowboy Mouth is set to perform. I've heard they're excellent live, so I'm going. Other bands of note: Cheap Trick, Big & Rich, Trace Adkins and the Red Hot Poker Dots. I've never heard of the Red Hot Poker Dots, but I may just have to check them out based on the fact that I'm fascinated by their name and band description in the Riverbend brochure ... "They promise a night of hillbilly mahem with more honk, tonk and yodeling than grandma's shotgun wedding." Oh yeah!