Thursday, June 16, 2005

I tried ...


In an effort to throw a stunning bridal shower complete with cute little hor'dourves, I made an attempt at mini quiche thingies tonight.

As with any new recipe, I tried it out before the big day so as not to:
a) Offer guests something truly nasty for their dining (dis)pleasure
b) Forget key ingredients the day of the affair
c) Poison someone besides myself

I took the recipe from an online cooking site. It sounded good with ingredients including cheddar, dill, eggs, etc... and I added some bacon just to mix things up a bit.

They turned out all right, but not good enough to serve a bunch of hungry women who've just gotten out of church. Sooo, it's back to plan B, which I haven't figured out yet.

So, if you've got a never-fail recipe or idea for a finger food, feel free to let me know.

So far all that's on my little menu is finger sandwiches, a cheeseball, strawberries dipped in chocolate, and a veggie platter. Oh and CAKE - my personal favorite! I think I might need something else, but I just don't know what.

This is why I'm not a caterer.