Saturday, June 18, 2005

Quick cool story

It's amazing how things tend to come together when you least expect it. That's exactly what happened this afternoon at work.

I was telling a co-worker about my adventures cleaning a rental home owned by Jim's mother this past Wednesday. To say the very least, this place was a dump. And the couple had left behind pretty much all of their possessions. After getting the go-ahead to haul their things off, Jim and I went into the house and started sifting through all the junk - only to find a few items that were actually worth something.

Jim is now the proud owner of a new TV, and I've got an all-in-one printer, copier, scanner. We also found a brand-new car CD player, which Jim took home.

Fast-forward to this afternoon at the office. I was telling a friend about the house and how Jim and I had found some things that we actually could use. She jokingly asked, "Did they leave a car CD player?!?" Apparently, last night her car was broken into, and the jerks stole her stereo.

Her eyes nearly popped out of her head when I said, "YES!!!"

I just love it when these things happen. I hate it that her car was broken into, but it's always nice to have a somewhat happy ending when you think you're completely screwed.