Thursday, July 07, 2005

Age is relative, right?!?

"Where'd these kids come from?!?"

That's a question I've asked several times over the last few days at the office. And it scares me that I'm using the word "kids" to refer to college interns.

Every six months, we get a new batch of about 6 to 8 fresh faces at the office - interns who are ready to take on the world (by way of whatever beat they've been assigned, of course). Most of them are hipsters, stylin' in their new office fashions and seemingly excited about all the opportunities that lie ahead.

I, on the other hand, am feeling not so spring chicken-like these days. The new kids on the block look too young to be out of college, and it's giving me a little dose of reality.

It's funny how perceptions of age chance over the years. I guess that's what's really hitting me lately.