Monday, July 11, 2005

Procrastination is the name of the game

I don't know why I do it, but I do. I put things off until I have to take care of everything all at once, and then I'm in a frantic state of mind so I can't really take time to breathe and enjoy myself.

That's the point I'm at now with my friend's wedding. I did so well with her shower ... everything was pretty much ready a week or two before the day of the party (amazing). But with the wedding, which is obviously the most important thing, I've been lax -- So lax that I've yet to try on everything I'm supposed to be wearing to make sure it works/fits. I haven't found accessories to wear, and I have NO IDEA what I'm going to do with my hair.

I don't have any days off before Friday, which is the day before the wedding. On Friday, I'm driving down to Rome to get my nails done with the rest of the bridal party. Then it's the bridal luncheon and then I'll have several hours before I have to be at the rehersal and dinner.

I have a feeling those precious 3 or 4 hours between the luncheon and rehersal will be spent flying around Rome in my hot car looking for accessories, new makeup, something to do with my hair, items I've somehow forgotten that I'll be needing the next day and God knows what else.

This is crazy. So, I am vowing right now that if I'm ever lucky enough to get married, I will not put things off until the last minute. Argh.