Saturday, July 09, 2005

Sleep + Walk = Kool-Aid


I've been having very vivid dreams lately. Some are quite bizarre - like the one I had the other night about my toes falling off (I have no idea where that one came from). And others have been more mundane - Like the one I had last night about making Kool-Aid to quench a terrible thurst.

Fast forward to tonight when I got home from work. I popped my head in the fridge to see if I had any Diet Coke left. Nope - it was gone, as I'd suspected. So I shut the door.

And then it hit me - was that lemonade Kool-Aid sitting on the top shelf?!? Sure enough, it was.

I think my mouth dropped to the floor when I realized that at some point in the night I apparently got up and made a pitcher of Kool-Aid, drank a glass (which was sitting on the stovetop), put it in the fridge and went back to bed. And I don't remember any of it.

According to my mother I used to sleep walk when I was a little girl. I'd go into the kitchen and turn on the TV that sat on the countertop and then turn around and go back to bed.

Apparently I'm reverting back to my 6-year-old self and visiting my kitchen late at night as I sleep. Let's just cross our fingers that I don't decide to make a cake and eat it all in one sitting.

Mmmm ... cake.