Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Back to my old self

After going through a box of Kleenex, an entire container of vanilla tea bags and a bag and a half of cough drops, I think I'm pretty much back to normal again. Woo!

With that said, not much has been going on in my life other than countless hours of sleeping, tons of coughing and me actually taking time to read a book ... it's a miracle.

I used to read book upon book whenever I got the chance - on break, at home lounging by the pool, before I went to sleep, on long car trips, etc. But over the last several years my reading has dropped off to dismal levels. It's been months since I actually read a book cover-to-cover, and even longer since I enjoyed the thought of picking up a book with that intent.

I'd like to attribute my lack of reading to the fact that I read page after page of news copy each night at work. Editing copy written by reporters ranging in experience from interns to seasoned veterans can be a bit taxing on one's interest in picking up any reading material after work.

But that still leaves before work and on my days off. I don't know what my issue has been, but I'm hoping that my renewed interest in reading sticks ... I've been feeling a bit out of the literary world lately.

Oh, if you were wondering, the book I'm devouring at the moment is "Sideways". Go buy it.