Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Randomness

Just some things that are in my head tonight:

* I am so saddened at what I've seen the past two days on TV and on the wire at work. Hurricane Katrina dealt the Gulf Coast a serious blow, and I'm finding it hard to comprehend the devastation. The whole notion of what's going on tonight in Biloxi, Gulf Port, New Orleans and other smaller cities is beyond anything I could ever imagine. These people need our help, so if you can - please make a donation to a relief agency like the American Red Cross. Please.

* On a happy note, I went with my friend Angie tonight to buy shoes for her 10-month-old, who is now walking. He wasn't so sure about strange objects on his feet at first, but soon he was running around like a big boy with his new kicks. Very sweet. He's learning words all over the place, and tonight the word was "banana" after he consumed almost a whole banana at IHOP. He said it as clear as day, much to my delight and his mother's surprise. Babies are amazing.

* I spent $20 tonight to fill up my car, and I only needed half a tank. And it's only going to get worse. Scary stuff.

* I love vanilla ice cream with chocolate Magic Shell on top. In the last three days, I've eaten three bowls of the yummy goodness. And I think I could do the same for the rest of my life. Mmmm ...