Sunday, September 25, 2005

Blisters, sunburns and a great cause

I've got blisters on both my heels, a bright red sunburn and, well ... I feel great.

Today was the Susan G. Komen Foundation's Race for the Cure here in Chattanooga, and I was pretty much overwhelmed at the turnout and the spirit of so many people who were involved in this gathering to raise money for breast cancer research.

Nearly 7,000 people made their way through town in either the 5K race, 5K walk or the 1-mile "fun run."

It's just great to see so many people trying to raise money for a disease that isn't unbeatable if we just keep working at finding a cure.

I'm definitely going to sleep well tonight, and I know a few other people who worked their butts off to finish with rather impressive times in the run who will be crashing hard, too. (Way to go, by the way!)