Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Do you really have to ask?

Shopping is my specialty. If you know me, that's one of the first things you'll probably figure out. It's not that I pour the majority of my paycheck each week into retail stores. In fact, I can go shopping all day and come back with very few or no items at all. But it's fun for me nonetheless. Sure, I'd rather find the perfect outfit or the right accesory - but it's not at all a requirement for a good day of shopping.

This week I happen to be broke. But when Jim asked me the other day if I'd go to the new IKEA in Atlanta with him, it was a no-brainer. Of course I said yes - I've heard about this IKEA phenomenon for several years now. I've perused their online store and have found several handy things here and there. But there's nothing like standing in the middle of a gigantic store brimming with pretty things.

The possibilities are virtually endless ... I could find the solution to my storage issues, a new bathmat, some art to hang on my stark-white walls, etc. But I vow not to look at "stuff" (see entry below).

Of course if I do find anything I can't live without, I'll have to go back next week to buy it, but that's just a minor inconvenience. It's all about the thrill of the hunt for me.

Happy shopping!