Monday, September 19, 2005

Overflowing

I don't know if it's a girl thing, a societal thing or just a Stacey thing, but I've just got too much stuff. And it's got to go before I lose my mind looking at it every day.

Right now, as I sit at my desk I'm looking at notebook upon notebook, a framed picture, a little wooden box filled with more pictures, a stapler, tape dispenser, box of envelopes, bottle of water, three candles, a cup filled with pens and pencils, a desk calendar, blank CDs, white out, two books, a large stack of paper, a coaster, a granola bar wrapper and a CD burner. Oh wait, there's also a shelving unit filled with binders, more papers and my address book.

... All that on one fairly small desk. Oh, but it doesn't stop there ... If you look around there's my dresser where stuff abounds, a bookshelf overflowing with stuff and a nightstand with, you guessed it, even more stuff.

Most everything has its place and is neatly arranged - not simply strewn just anywhere. The problem is I'm so tired of looking at it all.

So that's my mission today. I've got to figure out what I can do without, pack it up and make a trip to Goodwill.

My sanity is on the line.