Sunday, September 11, 2005

Q&A

Two people took me up on my offer of asking any three questions they wanted to know about me. Thank goodness it wasn't more, because answering these questions wasn't as easy as I first thought.

Here are the questions and answers:

From Absent.Canadian:
1. A hurricane is about to beat down on your house, and you can only carry one possession with you before the rest is swept away by a torrent of water and wind. What single item would you choose?
The obvious choice to this question would be my cat. I would never leave her behind, and can completely sympathize with those in New Orleans who have held out for almost two weeks just to make sure their pets are safe. Possessions such as my computer, TVs, clothing, etc. can be replaced - but there will never be another crazy cat quite like Anna. If we're not counting pets, though, I'd have to bring old photos with me. Those often are irreplaceable, too.

2. The person who took the life of your close friend or family member has been convicted of capital murder. Would you argue for or against the death penalty - knowing that your testamony will almost certainly be the "deciding vote"?
This is such a tough question, and one that I don't think a person can really answer with full certainty unless they're in the unfortunate situation. But, with that said, I honestly feel like I would be against the death penalty. There are a number of reasons why I've never been an advocate of capital punishment, including my personal belief that we should not be the ultimate decision makers on when a person should leave this world. I also think that existing in prison for the rest of one's life could be much worse than being put to death. Assuming the convicted murderer has even the slightest bit of conscience, living with what he or she has done for the rest of their life in a tiny cell with no hope of freedom, should be punishment enough.

3. What part of the male (or female, if you swing that way) anatomy do you find most attractive?
Whew! On to a more exciting topic! ... Honestly, as weird as it may sound, I look at a man's hands, which can either be a real turn-off (small, skinny hands, super hairy hands, dirty, bitten nails, etc.) or can be attractive to me. If a man has good hands, a good personality, nice smile and eyes, I'm happy.

From Pink Sun Drops:
1. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Good one. I love Chattanooga - a lot, and can see myself living here for a long time. But I would be thrilled to live closer to the ocean - any ocean. I've always said I'd like to retire in the Florida Keys (I guess I should start playing the lottery now). So, someplace with laid back people, a beach and lots of good shopping.

2. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Mmmmm ... Lately it's been Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough. But if you put any flavor of ice cream in front of me, I'm likely to eat it. Well, besides mint chocolate chip. Ew.

3. What is your dream for your life (okay that one is deep, but in a nutshell)?
Wow ... OK. I am really looking forward to having a family of my own. I was an only child, so I don't have any nieces or nephews to spoil. I don't live very close to either of my parents, and I'm just ready to settle down with Mr. Right. ... Now, who Mr. Right is remains to be seen, and if I'll ever find him, I don't know. But I'm hoping that in the next few years he'll show up. I'm also throwing around the idea of going back to school for my master's degree - possibly in education. We'll see what happens with that.