Thursday, September 01, 2005

Thump, thump, thump ...

You gotta love apartment life. If you don't, you'll go crazy.

As I've mentioned before, the "quality" of new people moving into my apartment community in recent months has been on the decline. It used to be peaceful here, people were friendly and I loved it.

But things have changed ... take today, for instance. Since I woke up this morning I've heard a constant thump, thump, thump, boom, boom, boom of "music" coming from my new neighbor directly below me. It's so loud that my floor is vibrating beneath my feet and the books on my shelves are actually rattling. Call me old and tell me I just don't understand, but why would a person want to blare music so loud? I've never really understood the concept of turning it up so loud that your speakers boom - especially when you live around others who are subject to your poor taste in music (the roar sounds like death metal).

This is the same girl who knocked on my front door two weeks ago at 4:30 in the morning with her boyfriend. They were both obviously intoxicated or high on something, stumbling all over the place and barging their way into my livingroom to pet my cat. Why? I have no idea - I think they just wanted to introduce themselves, apparently failing to realize that most people are in bed at 4 a.m.

I really, really need a place of my own ... now.