Friday, September 02, 2005

Vacation woes

I've got 6 or 7 vacation days left at work this year that I have to take or else I'll lose them.

As the title of my blog screams out, I seriously L♥VE vacations. More specifically, I love vacations that involve white sand, crystal clear waters, palm trees, boat drinks and wonderful people. Throw in beautiful weather, island music and no worries, and you've got Stacey's perfect holiday.

Next year I'll be lying on a Mexican beach soaking up the rays, but this year it's not going to happen. I'm saving for an all-out trip with my friend Allison in February, so there's no hope of a super vacation this year, and I'm so sad.

So, what to do with those days off I have coming? That's the problem. I'm no good at taking days off and not doing anything, so I'd almost rather not take the time. Almost ... But that just doesn't seem right.

I guess this is as good a time as any to become a tourist in my own city ... but it just won't be the same as, say, the Cayman Islands.