Monday, September 05, 2005

You've got to be kidding

Sometimes people make me crazy ...
Landlord: Well, do you close the bathroom door when you shower?!?
Stacey: Yes
Landlord: You really shouldn't. You see, the steam gets trapped in the bathroom if you leave the door shut. That's the reason your wallpaper is coming down.
Stacey: I'm sorry, but I don't think I can get out of that habit.
Landlord: (heavy sigh) Well, it's too late now anyway.
All right, I've been living here for over two years and have never asked for anything, but when I mention that the wallpaper in my bathroom is beginning to break away from the wall at the seams, my landlord acts as though I'm irresponsible for shutting the door while showering?!?

Give me a break.

And can someone please explain what would possess someone to slap a printed design on their wall in strips of paper that can make it a living nightmare to remove once you get sick of the flowery madness?!?

I've always hated wallpaper. There's no design that I want to look at day-in and day-out until I get the notion to try to remove the stuff. And why rental companies put wallpaper in apartments is beyond me. It's a pain to put up, a pain to maintain and a pain to take down.

And heaven forbid a person shower with the door closed. That might just be the worst thing ever.