Saturday, October 01, 2005

No, gaucho. No!

Finally, fall fashion has made its way onto store shelves and clothing racks. I love this time of year and the change in wardrobe that comes with it.

This season, however, has got me stumped. Shrugs perplexed me at first, but I've come around. I'm stilll not fully convinced tweed should be back in style again this year, but I'll accept that it is.

One thing, though, has really thrown me for a loop, and I must say that designers must be whole-heartedly laughing all the way to the bank when it comes to gaucho pants. Wearing these things says "fashion" about as much as parading around with your underwear outside your clothes does.

Do we really want to spend money on pants that look as though we've accidentally shrunk our bellbottoms (heaven forbid) and decided to wear them anyway? I guess if you pair the pants with high boots no one will notice, right?

Nah, I'm not buying it. Or the pants.

They were hideous in the 70s and they're even more hideous now. Just say no to the gaucho. (Pretty please.)