Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Is it just me?

I realize it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but Christmas is almost a month away and I've yet to feel even a glimmer of Christmas spirit. Usually by now I'm beginning to think about holiday plans, Christmas lists and all the wonderful treats that go along with the holidays. But not this year.

Not yet, anyway.

The only thing I can figure is that it's just too hot to be November. Right now, I've got all the windows in my apartment wide open and am enjoying a nice breeze that's not even the least bit nippy. I've worn my winter coat a grand total of two times this season, and have barely even tapped into my sweater stash.

All the Christmas decorations at the department stores just seem to be out of place this year. And I did a double-take the other day when I heard the familiar "Ho, Ho, Ho" coming from Santa's headquarters at the mall.

I've planned a Christmas shopping excursion with Megan in a couple weeks. I'm hoping that will set my Christmas spirit in motion. If not, I'm thinking people are going to have to start calling me Ms. Scrooge.