Friday, December 30, 2005

2006 ... Oh the possibilities!

The New Year is knocking at our door, and it's an even number ... which means it's going to be a good year.

Seriously.

Most everything bad that's ever happened in my life has happened in an odd-numbered year. ... Family deaths, car accidents, parents' divorce, geometry class.

It's scientific, if you ask me.

On the flip-side, all things good have happened in even-numbered years ... First car, college graduation, first real paycheck, first visit to Crate & Barrel.

I have a feeling this year is going to be a good one ... not merely because it's an even number (I suppose I'm somewhat aware that's sort of a silly measure of how successful a period of time will be), but because I just have a gut feeling. I don't get those very often, so I'm going with it.

I've only got one true New Year's resolution, and that is (like the majority of the country) to lose weight. And I will succeed, dammit.

I wish you all a very happy (and safe) New Year!

I'll be downing Irish car bombs tomorrow night in Georgia to ring in the new year ... God help us all. *hiccup*