Sunday, January 22, 2006

Falling off the horse

I was so good for several months.

Counting calories is less than fun, but when results become visible, it's not so bad. Exercising is, to me, unpleasant work. But when all that sweat makes way for slimmer legs and a firm belly, it's bearable.

But I fell off the eating-right and exercising horse some time ago. A week or so of a nasty cold back in November did me in.

Then came the holidays. I don't even want to think about all the yummy foods I consumed in December.

No exercise and a distinct unwillingness to take the time to prepare healthy meals has truly taken its toll. And now, ladies and gentlemen, I'm back to my old weight ... all 14 lbs. that I lost have been found - and they all ended up on my legs and belly.

Pretty unattractive. Pretty lame. Pretty depressing.

But alas, I'm climbing back on the healthy horse bandwagon. Monday I'm starting over again ... this time I have to keep going. And I've got definite motivation ... I refuse to be the flabby-arm girl as a bridesmaid in Cady's September wedding. Hopefully by then the sleaveless dress will show off arms that are not only smaller, but defined.

Things have got to change ... and it's all up to me. I'm not so confident, but something must be done before I turn into the Sta-Puff Marshmallow woman. Ew.