Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The saga of the loud neighbor ... is it the end?

My weekend work schedule is a doozy - I work Friday nights until around 12:30 a.m., and then have to be back at the office between 8 and 9 on Saturday mornings. Needless to say, I don't get much rest on Friday nights, and prying myself out of bed on Saturday mornings while the rest of the world is sleeping in doesn't make for a happy Stacey.

So, you can image how extremely irritating it would be to get to sleep on a Friday night around 2:30 a.m. only to be woken up 30 minutes later by a loud slam!, the sound of blaring music, loud voices and general party mahem.

That's just what happened this past Friday ... and the party didn't stop until 5:30 in the morning! I was not at all pleased, but I managed to contain my anger to a couple loud stomps on my floor to get my point across to the party below my feet. But, when nothing happened as a result of my loud stomping, I figured their music had pretty much drowned out my jumping up and down, so I went to bed and sulked with the full intention of having a nice talk with my landlord on Monday morning.

Enter THE NOTE, pictured here ...

As I was leaving Saturday evening to head to Barnes and Noble with Jon, I found this note attached to the clip beside my front door. Hmmm ... Apparently my stomps WERE heard, afterall. And, according to the note, I won't hear a sound out of her for the next several months and then she's moving out. Sounds like a pretty bold promise, but I'm all about it if it's true.

So, I didn't have that nice, long talk with my landlord ... I'm actually going to trust that I maybe got my point across and she may very well keep it down for the remainder of her lease. We'll see!

Apartment life is always interesting ... you never know what you're going to be getting, and neighbors never, ever cease to amaze me.