Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tagged x2

It's been ages and ages since I've been tagged to do a meme, so you can imagine my surprise when two people on one day decided I would actually finish one of these things. Imagine their surprise when they see I that I finished TWO of these things. I am such a trooper, no?

First, from Barry:

I AM: an optimistic pessimist.
I WANT: my own home, a family and a garden.
I WISH: I had it in me to live a more spontaneous life.
I HATE: the state of our world on so many levels that I will never discuss in my blog.
I MISS: playing carefree on playgrounds, my friends I've lost touch with over the years and my grandfather's wit.
I FEAR: helplessness.
I HEAR: there's more to life than work and paying bills. I hope one day to discover that for myself.
I WONDER: why I always seem to have dark circles around my eyes - no matter how long I sleep.
I REGRET: holding back from so many people.
I AM NOT: Japanese, Chinese or Korean ... though some people would like to believe that based on my last name (which happens to be German).
I DANCE: like I'm J Lo when I'm a bit tipsy.
I SING: loudly in the car when no one else is around.
I CRY: once a month - typically sitting in my closet because I don't have anything to wear. (Silly, I know)
I AM NOT ALWAYS: So depressing sounding. God, this thing makes me sound like I should be medicated.
I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: loud popping noises with my fingers. Gets on people's nerves, but I don't realize I'm doing it.
I WRITE: much less than I should.
I CONFUSE: boys and myself and my poor parents and my friends ... honestly, I think I confuse most people who know me.
I NEED: a vacation (shocking, I know)
I SHOULD: focus more on now, enjoy single days. (ripped off Barry, who ripped it off Meegs)
I START: planning way before anything happens.
I FINISH: books very slowly.

And the next one is from Laura:

Five Movies You Can Watch Over and Over Again:
1. Almost Famous
2. High Fidelity
3. Moulin Rouge
4. Bridget Jones' Diary
5. V for Vendetta

Five Embarrassing Songs You Know All the Words To:
1. Kokomo - Beach Boys (I love to torment Jim with this song)
2. All Out of Love - Air Supply
3. Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
4. Rodeo - Garth Brooks
5. Heaven - Warrant
(This is too revealing ... my cover of coolness is completely blown now ... Ha! )

Five Memorable Halloween Costumes:
1. Cyndi Lauper - I think I dressed up as my childhood idol more times than I can count on one hand.
2. A witch (not too exciting, I know).
3. Cinderella
4. Clown
5. I can't think of any more!

Five Celebrities You Believe May Secretly be Aliens:
1. Tom Cruise
2. Katie Holmes, thanks to Mr. Cruise
3. Michael Jackson
4. Courtney Love
5. Elizabeth Taylor

Five Occupations You Could Never Hold:
1. Pilot - I'm deathly afraid of flying/heights/crashing
2. Mortician - I agree with Laura - no can do!
3. Soldier - No thanks, I'd rather not get shot at
4. Accountant - Numbers and I don't mix
5. Waiter - People make me mad when I'm not having to wait on them hand and foot ... You have to give waiters some serious credit for dealing with jerks every day.

Five Books You’ve Recently Read Outside of School:
OK - I admit it ... it's been a long while since I've actually completed a book. I won't lie. I can't remember the last book I read besides my Photoshop for Dummies book that I seem to be referencing a lot lately.

Five Ways to Perfectly Spend an Afternoon:
1. Having a drink with friends at an outside restaurant in the springtime
2. Shopping (when I have money, of course!)
3. Walking in a park
4. Driving around town and finding new places
5. Riding a bike

Not Your 5 Favorite Foods, But the 5 You’re Most Likely Eating:
1. Granola bars
2. Lean Cuisines
3. Life cereal
4. salad
5. pizza

Five Lines You Blatantly Stole From a Movie, TV, a Commercial, or Song:
"Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Seinfeld
"Abso-f**kinglutely!" - Sex and the City
Oh no, my mind is a blank . . sorry . . I know there's more.