Thursday, April 06, 2006

Time flies

It's hard to believe it's been an entire week since I last posted. I'm still alive, and although I still don't have Internet access at my house, that will change very soon I hope.

After searching high and low for a Mac-compatible external dial-up modem and not finding a thing, I've decided to join the 21st century. Spending the extra money on DSL will be well worth my while - even though my budget is somewhat tight these days. At any rate, I'm calling several companies in the morning, and hopefully I'll be online by early next week - if not sooner.

Thank God. Once again I'm keenly aware of how dependent upon the Internet I've become. What did we do without it?!?

In the absence of my beloved daily blog readings, travel searches, news updates, etc., my time has been spent reading a lot of magazines and newspapers. I haven't picked up a book in several months, which is shameful - but I'm just not able to commit to a novel at the moment. It's surely a phase ... I hope.

Monday was spent in Atlanta with Allison - a much-needed girls day/night out that included a nearly 2-hour stop at a gigantic Crate & Barrel, Starbucks, shopping in Alpharetta and a de-lish dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (Mmmm ...).

Other than that, not much is new. Spring is in the air, and pollen is turning everything green - but I'm so thrilled that I can finally shelve my winter sweaters and pants. I'm just not sure my body is ready for shorts and a swimsuit ... I must get back on my exercise bike. It's mandatory. I think that's what I'll do next.

Happy Thursday!