Sunday, April 30, 2006

You know the feeling ...

... when you've lost enough weight to warrant a shopping trip to buy new blue jeans?

Wonderful, isn't it? And to me, there's really not much better in the world than buying something several sizes smaller than you did the last time you went shopping.

By comparison, there's also not much worse than sliding on what you once affectionately called your "skinny jeans" after several months of no wear only to find that they no longer fit because you've eaten your way to a Fatsville.

Yes, that's what happened to me this afternoon. And yes, something must be done.

I hate exercising - hate it with a passion. However, I love the feeling I get after a good workout. It makes little sense, I know, but regardless, it must begin again.

My shiny new exercise bike stands in my living room corner as if to mock my very existence. I have to prove that I have the willpower to hop on every day and at least do 30 minutes. There are no excuses. Things have gotten outta hand, and I have got to take back control.

My goal? 20 lbs. by August.

Wish me luck. God knows I need it.

* Any good recipes, advice, tips, etc., are welcome!