Sunday, May 14, 2006

Because I was curious

Jen over at For the Birds posted this on her blog, and it made me wonder about all the world's events that coincided with March 10 - my birthdate. Some were very cool, others weren't so hot. Here's what I did:

Go to Wikipedia and put in your birthdate (not the year) and then list 3 events, 2 birthdays and 1 death.

OK ... I'm listing more than that, but it was interesting!

Events:

1876 - Alexander Graham Bell makes the first successful telephone call by saying "Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you."

1964 - The Ford Mustang is first produced by the Ford Motor Company. ... Now I know why you love Mustangs, Kelley!

1977 - Rings of Uranus: Astronomers discover rings around Uranus. ... Har, har. I get the joke, but this happened on the actual day I was born. Cool, eh?

1997 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer premieres on the WB network. ... Another tidbit for Kelley


Births:

1928 - James Earl Ray, American assassin (d. 1998) ... Not so cool

1940 - Chuck Norris, American actor and martial artist ... Think about it, where would we be without "Walker Texas Ranger"??

1957 - Osama bin Laden, Saudi-born Islamic extremist ... NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS ONE

1958 - Sharon Stone, American actress

1966 - Edie Brickell, American singer


Deaths:

1913 - Harriet Tubman, American abolitionist (b. 1820)

1988 - Andy Gibb, English-born singer (b. 1958)