Thursday, May 04, 2006

Whew!

Although I didn't think the pain would ever go away, the pinched nerve issue is nearly a thing of the past! I wouldn't wish such a pain on my worst enemy. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and sympathy ... it just took time to get better - no amount of medicine or repositioning did much good.

Now, on to fun things ... I am so excited. I think I'm going to plan a cruise vacation for my mother's 60th birthday this year. It's amazing how inexpensive cruises are during December! Thank goodness she wasn't born in July or August when rates are at their highest. I could hardly pass up a 4-night cruise listed at $299 per person + port taxes. It's crazy, I tell ya!

Mom has never been on a cruise - or to the Caribbean, for that matter. She's always talked about wanting to go, but isn't one to drop money on a vacation for herself (which I keep telling her is practically a crime against humanity). I wish I could surprise her, but getting her down here would be next to impossible. So I'm guessing I'll have to give her fair warning, but that's OK.

At any rate, I think a 60th birthday calls for one heck of a party, and I think this could be a perfect way to celebrate!

I love planning vacations, as most of my friends know. I swear, I should have been in the travel industry (other than my fear of flying, I think I would be great at it!). Planning this vacation in particular is going to be one fun time. I can't wait to get started!