Friday, June 30, 2006

Welcome home ...

Progress is a good thing, but sometimes it's hard to see past all the orange barrels and yellow tape to properly envision the result of all the madness.

Welcome to the entryway of my apartment complex. This photo was taken from the top of the driveway into where I call home. From what I've been told, they've completely gutted our drive to make room for a new road that will be aligned with another nearby street.

There are many more details, but let's just say that for the last 2-3 months, driving into and out of my apartment complex has been tricky. So tricky, in fact, that there are times when it's IMPOSSIBLE to get in or out ... making it kinda stressful when it's time to go to work. Somehow I don't think my boss would understand the notion of being trapped in my neighborhood. It sounds a bit ridiculous.

The thing about progress, though, is that it never seems to progress quickly enough. Like I said, this has been 2 months in the making, and there truly is no end in sight. The new road still needs to be laid, and traffic signals need to be put in. The heaps of dirt (which I'm not sure where they came from) need to be unheaped, and the remainder of our drive needs to be repaved.

I'm all for making things more accessible, but I can't understand why it takes so long. I guess this is yet another lesson in patience for me.