Sunday, July 30, 2006

Celebrating victory over de'feet'

Saturday afternoon was spent with my two best girls - Allison and her daughter, Leanza, shopping our hearts out in Atlanta.

There was a mission, and I'm proud to say that mission was accomplished: I am now the proud owner of a pair of black sandals.

Yeah, I know - it sounds easy enough, right? Unfortunately, it's not.

I hate discussing feet because it truly gives me the willies, but to explain the desperate situation that has sent me to shoe stores all over Chattanooga, I must let you guys in on my most embarassing secret ... I've got wide feet. And that sucks because cute shoes rarely come in wide widths, and for those of us who enjoy wearing stylish kicks, it's no fun trying on countless strappy sandals only to feel like an Amazon woman after a quick glance in the mirror. It's almost shameful - like my feet are obese or something.

Anyhow, I must thank the good people at Franco Sarto who make shoes for freaks like me. And the fact that they have some style is a blessing in and of itself.

So, after searching high and low and finding the holy grail of footwear, we decided to head to The Cheesecake Factory for a victory dinner. We laughed the night away as only two women who have been best friends since the seventh grade can do, while Leanza looked at us like we had, indeed, lost our minds.

Two hours later, after wine and strawberry martinis, some yummy dinner and an amazing cheesecake, our stomachs were full and we were all pretty darn tired. We headed back to Woodstock, where we all promptly crashed.

I love weekends like that.