Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Vincent the basketcase

I literally shreiked a few moments ago when the judges announced Vincent Libretti had made it to the next level of BRAVO's Project Runway.

I have to say, this kooky guy makes me want to grab a model, throw a burlap sack on her, tie it together with a few tassel-laden cords and call it glamorous.

Did you feast your eyes on what his model was forced to walk down the runway in? OK, OK, I know they had only a few minutes to rip out upolstry, curtains and rugs while gathering linens and various decor from their luxury NYC apartment, but good freakin' grief!!! It reminded me of a funky idea gone completely awry in the sewing portion of my home economics class in high school.

And what was with that basket adorned with little chain thingies?? I believe Vincent called it a "hat." I wasn't convinced. Neither was Michael Korrs, who summed it up perfectly ... It truly did look like the model had a few too many drinks.

And poor, poor Stacey Estrella. I so wanted to root for her, considering we have the same first name and all ... but the girl didn't know how to operate a sewing machine. Who goes on a fashion design TV show without learning to use a professional sewing machine? Bless her heart; she's out.

Next Wednesday you can bet I'll be glued to my TV at 10 p.m. I can already tell this season is going to be full of surprises ... I just hope they're not all shockers based on loopy designers sqeaking by because someone couldn't sew quickly enough by hand.