Monday, July 24, 2006

What a day

I woke up this morning bright and early at 9 a.m. (that truly is early for someone who works 2nd shift). I paid some bills, caught up with e-mails and made lunch. By 12:45 p.m., I was at work on the Spanish newspaper, and let me just say that it was an experience. Nothing bad happened, but working with a foreign language is much more difficult than it sounds. I was a tad stressed by the time I left at 7 p.m.

So, I met up with Jim at Blue Plate, which is quickly becoming my favorite place to go in all of Chattanooga. We had some amazing food and then walked along the riverfront where the Delta Queen was docked for the day. I'd never really seen a true riverboat that people actually pay money to spend weeks on traveling up and down the river, but hey - if it floats your boat ... (baaad joke, I know).

After walking around a bit, I decided it was time to get home and chill out for a while. So, after watching two episodes of "Friends" I hopped on my exercise bike and burned 300 calories before collapsing on my sofa.

Now I'm tired and am seriously considering going to bed - and it's only 10:15! Wow ...