Thursday, August 31, 2006

Elvis is alive!

Well, maybe not, but his style sure is.

If you watched "Project Runway" last night, you know what I'm talking about.

How Kayne survived another round in that Elvis-meets-Versace getup - and Angela got axed in something a lot of women would look cute in - is nothing short of nuts.

Kayne's bell-bottom pants were horrid. The butterfly-collar style shirt - embelished with what looked like fabric from a scarf my mother once used to cover her hair rollers at night while she slept - was straight out of Elvis' performance wardrobe. And the belt buckle absolutely screamed, "In case you forget my name, look toward my crotch and it'll be there ... in rhinestones." Wow, that thing was tacky, tacky, tacky.

Kayne seems like a very nice person, but his "style" is so over the top that it hurts to look. He should have been the one flying home from Paris.

------

And yet again, Vincent sneaks by. This time after putting together the most b-o-r-i-n-g outfit ever. Black pants and a grey top. ZZzzz ... No interesting cuts, no interesting use of color, no style whatsoever. And to make matters worse, the very simple shirt didn't even fit him well. How do you mess that up? He makes me crazy.

Now on to Jeffery, our gracious winner. How illuminating he is with his charming personality that complements his humble nature. I mean, come on, we all know he's THE BEST EVER, and yet it's as if he's only there to spread peace and harmony.

Aggggghhhhh!!!! What a jerk. I would love to see a challenge where the designers had to somehow reverse their own style. Say, Jeffery designs like Laura. Then we'd see him really squirm. His "fashion" is rock n roll, I get it. Show me you can do something different, for crying out loud.

But that can be said for Laura, too. And Uli. And Kayne. On the other hand, Michael can mix it up every time - and every time it's damn good. He's got my vote.