Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hello, my name is flabberghasted

He won the design challenge. Vincent WON.

OK, OK ... I will say that the dress he designed for Uli's mother wasn't terrible. In fact, it was good (You have no idea how hard that was for me to admit), BUT it wasn't good for her. I have to disagree with the judges and say that it was not flattering on her body. I thought the waist made her look pudgy and stuffed in. And don't even get me started on that butterfly collar.

But, all in all, the dress was good. Really, it was. But you know what this means ... Vincent's skewed perception of his design talent is going to get even more out of control. This will make for good reality TV, but my sanity likely will suffer.

Now, onto another peeve. How is it that Robert was out this week based on his past "boring" styles, and Jeffrey remained in even though his design in this particular challenge was God awful. I seem to recall last week that Allison was out based soley on her outfit that week. Never mind the fact that she'd impressed the judges on more than one other challenge.

I realize Angela's mother was a complete wackjob, but come on ... Jeffery had to know that getup he had her parading down the catwalk in was horrible. Nobody - thin or overweight - could put that on and look good. I have to agree with Megan on this one - Allison was unfairly singled out for elimination last week. I won't speculate why, though I have my ideas. But I'm not happy.

Who will make it to the final three? Right now, my guess is: Uli, Michael and Laura.