Sunday, August 20, 2006

Mojitos, John Prine and a belly ache

Mojitos

Since I first heard of this drink a couple years ago, I've wanted to try it - but never enough to order one (just in case it didn't live up to my expectations ... call me cheap). But last night I "splurged" and dropped $7 on a tall glass of minty goodness, and let me say the mojito is now on my top 5 list of cold beverages. So good!

John Prine

After dining and Mojito-ing at Blue Plate last night, Jim and I headed to the Tivoli downtown for the John Prine show. I've always respected John Prine's music - and especially his brilliant songwriting. But now I am a full-blown John Prine F-A-N. This man put on the best show I've seen in years. Words can't describe how much energy and emotion he conveyed - and those who accompanied him were just as amazing. He performed for close to 3 hours, which was incredible. Going from laughing to near tears to laughing again, I thoroughly enjoyed his performance. If you ever get the chance to see him live, you simply must. :)

and a belly ache

But, all good things must come to an end - and mine came to an abrupt end last night. I don't know if I ate something that just didn't agree with me or if I'm dying, but wow ... my stomach is not happy. There's nothing better than being on the verge of yakking all day and all night. Nice thought, eh?!?