Sunday, August 06, 2006

Whew!

I didn't sleep very well last night, and I blamed it all on my pants. But, sadly, it wasn't their fault at all.

When I got home from work last night, I was still pretty cold from having arctic air blasting on me for eight hours straight. So, I immediatly changed into long sleep pants and a T-shirt. About an hour later, I hit the sack. Sleep came easily after another great weekend in Atlanta. I was tired and crashed out as soon as I hit the pillow.

But about three hours into my blissfull sleep, I rolled over and realized I was H-O-T. However, my sleepiness overcame any desire to cool off, so I somehow managed to close my eyes and drift off again.

An hour later, I woke up hot again - and made a mental (yet sleepy) note not to wear long pants to bed again until winter. It was simply too warm for sleep pants, a sheet and a quilt.

Thirty minutes later, I had had enough. The pants came off and were promptly replaced by sleep shorts. But as a crawled back into bed I realized something. ... I wasn't the only thing in my house that was warm - the entire apartment felt stale.

And then reality finally hit: My air-conditioning isn't working!

First my car, now my apartment. Let's hope that my landlords will realize it's 99 in the shade, and will jump on this first thing Monday morning.

Cross your fingers for me ...