Thursday, October 05, 2006

Step, ouch, step, ouch ...

I think I mentioned recently that my friend Holly and I have been walking four days a week to get in some exercise and hopefully loose a little weight in the process.

We initially planned on walking one hour per day, but that soon changed to at least an hour and a half to as many as 3 hours each day! It truly has been wonderful, and I feel so much better lately. I no longer get winded walking up stairs, and although I can't see a difference yet in my body, I know that will come soon enough.

However, one thing has been bothering me ... a lot. I've got a doozy of a blister on the bottom of my toe that seems to get worse each day. I'll spare those of you who don't want to see the picture of the evil thing. But, if you are a brave soul, go here, but don't say I didn't warn you. Feet are gross, and blisters on feet are even worse.

So, I'm asking those of you who run, walk, jog, etc., what do you do to prevent these things from springing up? And what the heck can I do to help it heal faster so I get walk without cringing?

I wear good shoes, so I don't really think that's the problem. Should I wrap that toe up? That seems weird, but I'm thinking that's my only option.

Any advice would be great! I don't want a pesky blister to stop me.